Baked Mutton Leg. People now a day are trying more new dishes and want to taste every new dish and recipes for themselves. With more variety in food, people come up with different new methods to make a dish.
Dishes relate to mutton are becoming very famous these days. Baked mutton leg is simply mouthwatering. Blending of spices on it will give it a lip smacking taste. You must definitely try at the special occasion of Eid.
Baked Mutton Leg
These are the ingredients for baked mutton leg.
- Mutton leg 1 (2 kg weight)
- Papaya paste 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Onion 2 medium (sliced)
- Tomato 2 (sliced)
- Capsicum 2 (sliced)
- Aluminum foil
Make sure to wash the meat properly so that all the smell of meat will wash away. Then try to put the meat in pressure cooker with a cup of water, so that it will cook easily, Baked Mutton Leg
How to Cook:
These are the tips to make baked mutton leg.
- Debone mutton leg and beat with hammer. Apply papaya paste and leave for 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, red chili, black pepper, garam masala, salt and oil.
- Coat mutton leg with this marinating and leave for 4-6 hours.
- Then put mutton leg on aluminum foil, top with onion, tomato, and capsicum and wrap carefully.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 40-50 minutes or until fully tender.
- Set in serving platter garnish with lemon wedges and sliced onion and serve
- Make sure you don’t overcook it.
- When it gains a golden brownish colour, consider it to be well cooked from inside.
- Serve it with raita, salad and naan. It will increase the taste of your mutton leg.