From the ancient times, henna is used for dying the hair and other body art. It is prepared by grinding the leaves of henna plant, which impart a beautiful reddish-brown color to hair and skin due to the presence of active ingredient lawsone. Henaa leaves have an ability to bond the proteins in the hair, so the use of henna not only render a beautiful color to hair but also make them stronger and healthy. The incredible benefits of henna make it a best remedy for treating dull and lifeless hair.
Many people apply the henna recipes to turn the dry and static hair to healthy, lustrous locks. As like other hair recipes, henna hair dye can also be prepared at home easily.
Henna Hair Dye With Henna Hair Dye Instructions
If you find it difficult, follow the given-below guideline.
• Supplies Required
• Best quality henna powder
• Lemon juice
• Olive oil (only for dry hair)
• Plastic bowl (medium size) & Plastic spoon
• Plastic wrap
1. Take about 250g of henna powder in a medium size plastic bowl. You can increase or decrease the amount of henna according to the length and volume of your hair.
2. Now add two or three teaspoons of lemon juice in the henna powder and stir both constituents thoroughly. If the lemon juice is not available, you can use apple cider vinegar to replace it.
3. If your hair are extra dry, add two teaspoons of olive oil in the mixture and stir again.
4. Now add some water in the bowl and mix all constituents. Continue adding water and stirring until the mixture reaches to desired consistency.
5. Cover the bowl containing henna mixture using a plastic wrap and leave it for at least 6-7 hours.
6. Your henna dye is ready, apply it to your hair and let it dry naturally.
7. Once the henna dye has been dried well, rinse it out thoroughly, then shampoo and condition as usual.