Nail biting or Onychophagia is a common nervous habit adopted by kids and young adults. Getting rid of nails biting habit is quite tricky because the individuals (who have nails biting habit) do not even realize when they begin it.
Generally, it has been noticed that the folks tend to lessen and stop biting their nails at the age of 30s. This article deals with some simple yet effective natural home remedies for nails biting. These remedies will surely help in curing this problem.
Natural Home Remedies for Nails Biting
- Try to replace the nails biting habit with other activities requiring such as sucking a candy or chewing a sugarless gum. You can also engage your hands in other activities. These are the most-popular remedies for getting rid of nails biting habit.
- Another best home remedy for nails biting is cutting and filing the nails in round shape. Keeping the nails short as well as removing the sharp edges can also help in this regard.
- Adopt good hygiene habits; keep your nails well-groomed and attractive. Give your nails manicure treatment on weekly basis and massage the skin around your nails regularly. You can use vitamin E oil or olive oil for this purpose. By this way, you will be able to control the nails biting habit in order to maintain the overall health and attractiveness of nails.
- One of the simplest techniques to get rid of nails biting habit is applying clear nail polish with nasty taste to your nails. You can also coat your nails with lime juice or any other bitter tasting substance.
- To avoid the nail biting habit, another best recommended way is to wear light cotton gloves when at home.
- Use of relaxation techniques such as meditation to reduce stress and nervousness is also helpful in reducing this habit.