What Is Japanese Shiatsu Technique?
Medication is not the last option at all for a disease, there are several other natural alternatives that can work even better than the medication. If you have been suffering from lower back pain or mental issues, the “bodywork” can be a better choice for you that promotes relaxation and strong the muscles through joint stimulation. Shiatsu Bodywork includes several techniques such as breathing exercise, self-massage techniques healing your mental and physical disorders.
Self Massage Techniques For Pain Relief
Shiatsu is one of the most successful bodywork techniques comes from Japanese. It is a self-massage method that is characterized by applying the pressure of your fingers politely to knead, pressing the chests, stretch and tap the certain points of the body to produce a calming effect.
Shiatsu Lower Back Pain Reducing Techniques:
A Study conducted on shiatsu has shown significant results. People who suffered lower back pain practiced shiatsu session four times and reported after each treatment, the results were amazing. So shiatsu has been recommended as an effective technique for those who suffer lower back pain.
There are numbers of shiatsu techniques that can be applied on the body for the relief of lower back pain. Follow these simple techniques.
- First lie down and make your back flat on the ground, bend your knees upward and your feet should be flat on the floor and then place your hands by your sides and be relax.
- Stop your breath and close the eyes awhile, but make sure in this exercise, you breathe from your lower abdomen and not from the chest which means you need a deep breath with flexing chest muscles to extract tension to the lower back.
- Bring your right knee up toward your chest, grip it with both hands and then draw it slowly chest to its initial position.
- Repeat the exercise for other the other leg.
- To get the better result, perform the exercise twice daily.
Shiatsu Technique For Insomnia Patients:
If you want to increase the length of your sleep period, apply hand-shiatsu therapy as it has been reported as a good technique for sleep problems and participants reported its long-term benefits before and during the sleep.
Follow this simple shiatsu techniquefor the relief of sleep problem:
- Press your whole right thumb with your left thumb and index finger of your left hand from top to bottom up to 5 times.
- Do it for other hand and repeat the exercise.
- Fold your right-hand palm and rub the inner side of the wrist with your left thumb up to 5 to 6 times.
- Switch your hands and repeat the exercise.