Having cracked heels is a major trouble for many people around the world. It is not only a cosmetic concern but also cause a lot of pain. Naturally dry skin around the heel is the leading reason of this problem.
Some other causes include wearing back-open sandals or unfitting shoes, prolonged standing, unhygienic circumstances and having high arched feet etc. Sometimes, any skin condition (such as Psoriasis, Eczema) or internal disease (like Thyroid disease, Diabetes) may also cause cracked heels.
Apart from above-mentioned causes lack of healthy nutrients (i.e. vitamins, minerals, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids and zinc) in the body also results in cracked heel. So, ingesting a sufficient amount of these nutrients is essential to get rid of cracked heel. Some other natural remedies for cracked heels are given below.
Effective Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
- One of the most effective home remedies for healing the cracked heels is applying the pulp of one ripe banana on the affected area. The banana pulp should stay on the heels for at least 15 minutes.
- Hydrogenated vegetable oil works amazingly to treat the cracked heel. Apply a generous amount of this oil on clean and dry feet before going to sleep. Next morning cleanse your feet with the help of foot scrubber and wash thoroughly.
- Soaking the feet in the solution of lemon juice and water for about 10minutes is an effective technique to cure the cracked heels naturally. Use this remedy at least once a week to attain noticeable difference.
- Mix one teaspoon Vaseline in freshly squeezed juice of one lemon. Rub this healing mixture on your heal until it get absorbed in the skin. Wash your feet after few minutes.
- Prepare a mixture by combining rosewater and glycerin and apply it on the effected area. Regular application of this therapy is well-known for soothing and curing the cracked heel.