Olive oil is enjoying a global eminence thanks to its advantageous affects for skin and hair. According to a common belief, this precious oil has been used for cosmetic purposes since ancient Egypt times.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
The benefits of olive oil for hair are unlimited. When applied on hair, the olive oil acts as an excellent conditioning and nourishing agent. The people, who are worried due to dry texture of hair or damaged hair with split ends, use this oil to cure the problem. Olive oil hair treatments wonderfully help you get lustrous, silky and gorgeous locks. This oil also assists you to keep the scalp clean as well as prevent dandruff. Some people find it beneficial for getting rid of lice. Furthermore, frizzy and static hair can be fixed through regular application of olive oil.
Olive oil contains a sufficient amount of antioxidant vitamin E and mono-unsaturated fatty acids. These two ingredients combine well to nourish and moisturize hair and scalp, making them strong, healthy and problem-free.
To attain the maximum benefits from olive oil, you need to find out the best-quality product. Its cold-pressed extra virgin version is usually considered the best in this regard.
- Take a sufficient amount of olive oil in a small bowl and slightly warm it by keeping in microwave oven for a while.
- Remove the tangles and knots of hair with the help of a wide-tooth comb or a hair brush and divide them in sections.
- Apply a generous amount of olive oil to your scalp using your fingertips. Then gently massage in circular motion.
- Repeat the process until your entire scalp is covered. Now apply some oil on the entire length of hair.
- After making it sure that each strand of your hair is covered by olive oil, wrap a hot towel around your head, this will help the oil get absorbed in the hair roots.
- Wash your hair after about half hour using a mild shampoo. As your hair are oily, try shampoo them twice or use more amount of shampoo than you use normally.
- Lastly, apply a conditioner and let your hair dry naturally.